<<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">
1. The Supper Club On 2nd (SCO2) is finally opening August 23rd! I feel like this is the moment we have all been waiting for! If you don’t know, the infamous Devin “Steel” Butler, along with partners AG Granderson, Joe Johnson, and Robert Higgins are opening a new upscale restaurant in Downtown. The Supper Club, beautifully designed and an ode to the supper clubs of the 60s, is located at 85 South 2nd Street. SCO2 will be open Tuesday- Wednesday from 4pm-12am, Thursday-Saturday from 4pm-2am (kitchen closes at 1am) and include Saturday and Sunday brunch from 11am-3pm! For more details on grand opening day and access to reservations visit their IG page, check out their website, and this commercial appeal article below!
https://www.supperclubmemphis.com/The Commercial Appeal
2. JUICE Orange Mound has its very own shoe! One of my favorite nonprofits just debuted a sneaker to bring awareness to our homelessness crisis. The Orange Mound awareness shoe plans to help eradicate homelessness with help from the profits from the sneaker. Designed by Edward Bogard of SoGiv, a nonprofit organization that designs shoes for various non-profits/initiatives to assist in their philanthropic efforts. To learn more about the sneaker and JUICE Orange Mound click the links below.https://orangemoundshoe.com/products/orange-mound-shoe
JUICE Orange Mound
3. The Mud Island make over is finally starting. If you’re from Memphis or have been here for a long time you probably have fond mud island childhood memories! You remember this cool place away from the city that you took field trips to or splashing around there during the summer. But fast forward to now you notice that it still looks the same as it did many decades ago. Well, recently I read that Mud Island is currently undergoing some infrastructure renovations and that the park may become a Memphis adventure park with a zip line, climbing walls, and aerial challenge course. Exciting right! I’m personally geeked! Lol For more details on the proposal check out this Memphis Business Journal article!
4. Café Lit has a signage up! Back in 2019 I posted about this amazing African American literature themed supper club opening in Downtown! It was set to open mid 2020 but of course the pandemic had other plans so opening was delayed. I’ve been checking for updates ever since so I knew opening was planned for this year but when I saw that the building had a sign, I knew it was real! Café Lit is located at 111 Madison and will feature a soul food menu, 3 bars, and pay homage to Memphis and black culture. Follow Café Lit on Instagram and Facebook. For more info on the project check out this article below by The Daily Memphian.
5. As if him coaching our beloved Memphis Tigers wasn’t enough, Penny Hardaway has now thrown his hat into the restaurant business. Penny’s Nitty Gritty, will be a downtown upscale southern restaurant located inside of The Westin Memphis and set to open this August. I’m so excited about this and love to see Memphians investing back into the city! We adore Penny and we know he loves us too so I can’t wait for us to be able to dine! For more information on the restaurant click below!
If you’re like me and like to know what’s going on redevelopment and community wise follow the Daily Memphian, Memphis Business Journal, Downtown Neighborhood Association, Memphis River parks, Downtown Memphis Commission, Memphis City Council and the Commercial Appeal.
*Some photos used were not taken by any member of plug901 and credit of said photo belongs to original owner